Canvas Learning Management
Canvas is a web-based learning management system, or LMS. It is used by learning institutions, educators, and students to access and manage online course learning materials and communicate about skill development and learning achievement.
Being an Observer in Canvas is similar to looking out the window of a plane. You can see the ground but you can't make out all of the fine details. There may be times when you click a Canvas notification on your phone and it will result in a 503 error. This happens because you do not have a Rockwood student email account, and both Canvas and Google limit what you can see. If you need to see everything, we recommend sitting next to your child while they log in to Canvas.
Observers can use the link above to quickly access Canvas on the web. They can also access Canvas via the Canvas Parent app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
If you have not yet created a Canvas Observer account, refer to How do I become a Parent Observer in Canvas? in the FAQ section on this page.
Students can quickly access Canvas on the web. Use the same login credentials that you use for your school device (if not using an Rockwood-issued device). Students can also access Canvas via the Canvas Student app on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
If students experience technical issues, please contact the Help Desk.
- How do I become a Parent Observer in Canvas?
- How do I obtain a Student Pairing Code?
- How do I add multiple students to my Observer account?
- How do I sign in to Canvas as an Observer?
- What can I see and do in Canvas as an Observer?
- How do I manage Canvas notifications as an Observer?
- How do I set my language preferences in Canvas as an Observer?
- What else can I learn about being an Observer?
- Which gradebook is official, Canvas or Infinite Campus?