Rockwood believes its outstanding schools are the result of outstanding teachers, administrators and support staff.
- Rockwood provides ongoing professional development for all employees. It has a comprehensive program for the development of teachers at all levels of experience.
- Rockwood has 154 teachers who have earned their National Board Teaching Certification -- the profession's top honor in teaching excellence. The number is consistently one of the highest in the state of any school district.
- A Rockwood elementary principal was named the St. Louis Suburban Elementary Association (SLSEPA) Distinguished Principal of the Year.
- A Rockwood high school teacher was recognized as the 2018 Carl Towley winner by the Journalism Education Association for her service as the national contest chair since 2010.
- A Rockwood middle school social worker was chosen as the Missouri School Social Worker of the Year.
- Five Rockwood educators and a School Board member each received a 2018 Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award.
- A Rockwood elementary school nurse was recognized with the Rising Star Award by St. Louis Suburban School Nurses Association (SLSSNA).