Rockwood believes its outstanding schools are the result of outstanding teachers, administrators and support staff.
- The majority, 87 percent, of all Rockwood teachers have advanced degrees.
- Teachers have an average of 15 years of experience in the classroom.
- Rockwood provides ongoing professional development for all employees. It has a comprehensive program for the development of teachers at all levels of experience.
- Rockwood currently has 162 teachers who have earned their National Board Teaching Certification—the profession's top honor in teaching excellence. The number is consistently one of the highest in the state of any school district.
- Three Rockwood educators each received a 2023 Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award.
Page updated Dec. 2023