In Rockwood, the primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. School nurses accomplish this by promoting student and staff health and safety.
School nurses have an important role in serving our school community:
- Health Services: serves as the coordinator of the health services program and provides nursing care
- Education: provides health education to students, staff and parents. Learn more about health and safety guidelines
- Healthy Environment: identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment
- Counseling: provides health counseling and refers students to appropriate school staff or community agencies
- Parent/Community Involvement: promotes community involvement by ensuring a healthy school.
- Staff Wellness: provides health education and counseling, promote healthy activities and environment for school staff