Activities and clubs play an integral role in a student's educational experience. These opportunities contribute positively to increased school pride, the overall school climate, and individual student growth. Learn how you can become involved in Selvidge school activities.
Activities are held weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (and some Thursdays) from 2:40 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. Activity forms are open for sign-ups the Friday before the activity through 10:00 a.m. the morning of the activity. Students will need to indicate their transportation needs in this form as well. Bus transportation is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. All students involved in these activities must be off campus by 3:45 p.m.
After-school activities start September 5, 2023. Buses will depart SMS at 4 p.m.
Here are some things you need to know before signing up:
- Please have a parent/guardian complete the After School Permission Slip one time for the school year.
- Only one activity a day can be chosen. Also, some of the activities are by invitation only. If the student is not a member of that particular club, they should not sign up for it.
- Regardless of what activity your child is participating in (even if it is an invitation-only event), they MUST sign up using the form on the Activities Page.
- Students will also need to indicate their transportation needs in this form. The Activity Bus is available on a first come, first serve basis, and has a limited number of seats available.
- If you are picking up your child after activities, please have a plan on where you will meet and arrive by 3:45 p.m.