The mission of the library media program is to provide a well-organized collection of quality materials and diverse resources that supports the curriculum, increases academic achievement, and encourages the development of lifelong learners and readers.
Policies and Procedures
Summer Reading Opportunities
- Print the Summer Reading Bingo form or pick one up from the library. Complete the actitives to get Bingo, and bring the completed sheet to Mrs. Barrett during the first week of school for a FABULOUS prize!
- Here is a slide deck of lots of amazing reading opportunities for middle school students this summer! Check it out!
Hours of Operation
The library may be closed at times due to special events.
***Parents now have the ability to receive daily email notifications regarding the materials their child has checked out of the school library. Parents wishing to receive these daily emails should contact their child's school librarian to activate this feature. ***
Library Media Center Expectations
- Use a quiet voice at all times
- Show respect for yourself and others
- Be responsible - Help keep the room and material neat and clean
- Return materials to their proper place
- Remember to check out materials before removing them from the LMC
Library Services Offered to Teachers & Students
- Planning with teachers for collaborative lesson
- Book and/or reading recommendations
- Locating and pulling materials for classroom use
- Compilation of topic specific bibliographies
- Instruction in the use of the on-line catalog
- Instruction in the use of the Internet
- Chromebook loaners
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER – Information from the Student Handbook
Mrs. Barrett is our library media specialist, and the library media assistant is Mrs. Hummel.
During a regular class period, reading or research may be done in the LMC with a pass from a teacher. Students are also welcome to use the LMC during lunch period or before and after school. The LMC is usually available from 7:25 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. most school days.
The following are expectations for checking out materials from the LMC:
- Students MUST fill out the digital pass before coming to the LMC.
- A limit of three books per student may be checked out for up to three weeks at a time.
- A student may renew a book online in Destiny for an additional two weeks if he/she has not completed reading or research.
- Books are expected to be returned or renewed on time. If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, students must pay the replacement cost of the book.
- Overdue notices will be sent out each week. If you have an overdue book(s), you may not check out additional materials until all overdue items are returned.
- When checking out a book, take it to the circulation desk.
- Never checkout materials for someone else.
- Always return your books to the LMC book return cart or use the book return slot in the hallway if you are not coming into the LMC. Never put the book back on the shelf.