High School Resource
The goal of the high school program is to inspire, challenge, and encourage gifted students to maximize their capabilities through a collaborative effort of parents, staff and community members. The Gifted Resource Teachers at each high school provide both direct and indirect serves to identified gifted students in order to enrich the high school experience.
The Gifted Resource Teachers are available to help students and families:
- Transition from Middle School to High School
- Create a Four Year Plan
- Choose Appropriate Courses
- Select Extracurricular Activities
- Locate Potential Summer and Volunteer Opportunities.
- Explore Potential Majors and Careers
- Plan and Prepare for ACT, SAT, AP, and other Tests
- Assist with College and Scholarship Applications
- Develop Effective Study Skills and Organizational Skills
- Develop Strategies for Time Management and Stress Management
Gifted resource teachers are also available to school personnel, parents and students for individual consultations, assisting teachers in compacting and differentiating the curriculum, facilitating the identification process for students not presently participating in the gifted program, and referring students to out-of-school agencies and opportunities.