- Lafayette High
- Dr. Mandy Lewis - Class of 2025
Dr. Mandy Lewis
Dr. Mandy Lewis - Class of 2025
One Week Away from the Start of SchoolPosted by Dr. Mandy Lewis on 8/16/2021
Class of 2025 Students and Families,
We are one week away from the start of school, and have a lot of information to share. If you have questions, please feel free to email Mrs. Jury at email@example.com or me at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help. I hope you enjoy your last week of summer!
Freshman Parent Meeting (Theater) - August 18, 6:00 - 6:45 pm
- This meeting is for parents/guardians of incoming freshmen. Topics will include: academics, involvement, Lancer Parent Organization, safety, communication, and more.
- Lancers Landing, our school store, will be open at 5:30 pm for anyone interested in purchasing Spirit Wear.
- Please access this zoom link if you are unable to attend the meeting: Freshman Parent Meeting
Athletics/Activities Parent Meeting (Theater) - August 18, 7:00 - 7:45 pm
- This meeting is for all Lafayette parents. Mr. Jonathan Sumner will cover topics including: athletic seasons, tryouts, physical information, PRIVIT and more.
- Please access this zoom link if you are unable to attend the meeting: Athletics/Activities Parent Meeting
Freshman Orientation - August 19, 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Orientation is for incoming freshmen students ONLY. Parents can drop students off on the west side of the building or the pool circle. Our LINK CREW orientation leaders will guide them to the main gym.
- FRESHMAN ORIENTATION SCHEDULE
- During our time together, students will:
- Have their yearbook pictures taken.
- Receive their schedules, lockers and locks. They will also have the opportunity to locate their lockers and try out their combinations.
- Take a tour of the building.
- Learn how to go through the lunch line.
- Hear about ways to get involved at Lafayette.
- Go through their class schedules and meet their teachers.
School Supplies: There is no official school supply list for our high school students. We encourage students to use whichever organization system works best for them. If teachers
require a specific item, they will share that information with students in the first days of school. Students should have fully charged chromebooks and writing utensils each day.
Census Verification Forms: Parent(s) and Guardian(s), we need your help. Please take the time to update the Census Verification form for your student(s). Online Census Verification is completed by the primary household member. You can complete this process by logging into your parent portal account. If you don't have a parent portal account, please contact the Technology help desk at 636-733-1111. Log Into Infinite Campus and the "Online Enrollment and Census" link can be found by clicking “More > Online Enrollment and Census” on the parent portal. Follow the instructions on the Online Enrollment/Census Verification page to verify and submit your application. For reference, I am including a screenshot of where this link can be found on the parent portal.
Materials Return: Please return any remaining library or classroom materials from the 2020-2021 school year at the Welcome Center. We can send them back to Rockwood
LHS Legend Yearbook: If you ordered a 2021 Legend Yearbook, it will be available for pick up outside room 137A on Tuesday, August 17, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. If you need to check to see if you ordered a 2021 yearbook, or paid to have it mailed to your home, visit www.lancerfeed.press. If you would like to order a 2022 Legend Yearbook, please click on the link and follow the instructions: 2022 Yearbook Sales.
Class Schedules: Class schedules are now available on Infinite Campus. If you find that you are in need of a schedule change, please use this link to make your request. Your
counselor will contact you once he/she receives the form.
Academic Lab: This school year, we are introducing Academic Lab on “B” days. Please see the following link for more information about our ACADEMIC LAB.
Counseling Department Changes: We have had some changes in our counseling office with two new counselors joining us. This link provides you with the names and email
addresses of all counselors and other personnel in the counseling office.
First Day of Freshman Year: Monday, August 23, 2021 at 8:28 a.m.
Open House: Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
Lafayette Activities Office Information: Links to information about all athletics, activities, and clubs that exist at LHS (and the names of their sponsors), as well as our activities
newsletter can be found below. For our athletes, there are two links to forms needed prior to your participation with any of our teams.
- LAFAYETTE STUDENT ATHLETICS, ACTIVITIES, CLUBS, AND ORGANIZATIONS 2021-2022
- Lafayette High School Activities Back to School Newsletter 2021-2022
- MSHSAA Physical Form
- RSD Physical Form
The Image: Lafayette students take pride in our newsmagazine, The Image. We welcome our parents to become sponsors for our news publications. Please click on the
link to see how you can become a sponsor: Student Publication Sponsor
Child Nutrition Services: During the 2021-2022 school year, school breakfast and lunch are free to all students. This document provides all the information you would need
about our food service during the year and pre-paying in your child’s meal account. Meals at all RSD Schools
CPiP: Rockwood School District’s Community Partners in Prevention(CPiP) offers education, leadership, and resources to help Rockwood youth make healthy choices and
remain drug-free. Please contact Lili Schiesser at email@example.com for any questions. CPiP is a resource for all parents throughout the year. This group meets every month on the second Thursday of the month via zoom from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Feel free to reach out to Lili if you wish to volunteer or support the work they do.
- Parent Tool Kit
- Talk About It
- Parent Fact Sheet
- Weekend Safety Guide
Get Out of Your Dinosaur Brain: Tending to Stress & Anxiety Productively - Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. on Zoom
- Virtual event for Rockwood high schoolers
- Unpack stress and anxiety, understand how the brain directs our responses and how we can get ahead of the fight, flight, or freeze options that get in the way of living life to its healthiest!
- Presentation by Kids Under Twenty One
Resources and Links:
- Harassment Policy 2130
- Regulation 2130
See everyone soon! Remember, it is a great day to be a Lancer!
Dr. Mandy Lewis
Assistant Principal, Class of 2025