As part of continuing efforts to provide services that support student wellness, Rockwood is continuing its partnership with Hazel Health to offer free mental health teletherapy visits for all students.
With Hazel HEART, students can meet with a licensed therapist from school or at home, bridging the gap until local therapists become available or helping with less acute issues. The referrals can come from school personnel or directly from a parent or guardian. Like all Hazel telehealth services, parental consent is required.
- Visit Hazel Health.
- Select Sign Up Now.
- Fill out the form and select Submit Consent when done.
- Finish creating an account by entering your phone number.
- Enter the 6-digit code sent via text message, and fill in your child's information.
Once you have created your account, to request a therapy appointment for your child, call:
A Family Resource Manager from Hazel will work with you to schedule an initial visit.
In the 2022-2023 school year, there were more than 2,200 mental health visits with 357 students. This service is available to all Rockwood students and it is provided at no cost to Rockwood families. Please note, Hazel works with insurance plans, and collects insurance information as part of the consent process. Hazel works with all students at no cost to families, regardless of insurance status, including families that do not have insurance. When insurance is billed, the district will cover any out-of-pocket costs. We encourage families to check with their insurance plans to determine if there are any annual caps on the number of allowed therapy sessions, as Hazel visits might count against any limits.
Hazel HEART mental health services include:
- Short-term therapy visits: Therapy sessions can help students cope with everyday issues such as anxiety, bullying, withdrawal, grief, peer and family relationships, depression, not enjoying things they used to enjoy or simply not feeling like themselves.
- Care coordination: Family resource managers from Hazel work closely with families to coordinate their child’s care. If your child needs additional services outside of what Hazel can offer, Hazel will help families connect with great local providers.
- Therapists who care: Hazel therapists know how to connect with children and teens. Their multilingual team practices culturally competent care for all students.
This expanded partnership is designed to increase access to quality health care for all students, working in partnership with community providers to quickly address the social-emotional needs of students who may be struggling.