The foundation of the policies/regulations shares that PTOs may not use district resources to urge support or opposition for a ballot issue. The following constitute summary guidelines. If a PTO has questions, please contact Rockwood Communications at (636) 733-1140.
- May a PTO advocate for a candidate or ballot issue?
- May a PTO make a contribution to a campaign for a ballot measure?
- May a PTO use district resources to share information about a candidate or issue?
- May PTOs use their PTO email account and PTO social media accounts to share bond issue information?
- May PTOs use school facilities to support or oppose a bond measure?
- May PTO members wear a campaign button or sticker at school?
- May PTO members encourage citizens to vote “Yes” on a ballot issue?
- May PTO members work at the polls on Election Day?
- May PTOs use the school’s messaging services or website to post or distribute messages?
- May PTO members use their own personal email, phone, and social media accounts to share bond issue information?