For Volunteer Coordinators
Roles and Responsibilities
- Aid program chairs by recruiting volunteers throughout the year
- Managing member data
- Help inform parents about their volunteer opportunities and responsibilities
- Attend PTO events
- Communicate with Committee Chairs to understand their volunteer needs
- Create an online database of PTO volunteers, tasks and timelines
- Support and encourage volunteers
- Use a variety of recruitment tools
- Coordinate with the principal, school secretary and teachers
- Determine the best way to recruit volunteers inside and outside of school.
- Thank volunteers throughout the year.
- Prepare detailed job descriptions for volunteers so they know what is expected of them.
- Keep a set of volunteer guidelines in the school office and on your website to send to new families who join the school throughout the year.
- Make volunteer opportunities visible on websites, social medial channels, and bulletin boards.
- Organize volunteer needs in Google Drive, being specific about the number needed, dates and times, and duties to be fulfilled.
- Develop a master calendar of volunteer needs.
- Use online tools to manage and solicit volunteers.
- Keep a list of volunteers from year to year to allow for easy follow-up.
- Post to Facebook, the school website and ParentSquare when volunteers are needed.