Below is information about upcoming events and things happening within our office. Be sure to check out our website for additional information, various forms, and a calendar with important dates. If you have any questions about the below information, please contact us.
2nd Semester Schedules:
- Monday, November 25th at 8:00am: 2nd Semester Schedules became available for viewing on Infinite Campus
- Monday, November 25th to Monday, December 16th until 3:30pm: If a student would like to make a semester course change request, they need to fill in the online Course Change Request Form before the deadline on Monday, December 16th at 3:30pm. Counselors will notify students via email if they have questions or will send a pass to speak with students about their requests as needed. NO appointments will be made with counselors during this time in regards to schedule changes. Any year-long course or level changes need to be approved by grade-level principals before a change can be made by a counselor. The form for year-long course and level change requests can be found in the Guidance Office (Room 123), within all four grade-level offices, or on the LHS Guidance & Counseling website (in “Forms & Applications” on the left).
- Monday, January 6th: School Resumes and 2nd semester begins. NO changes will be made to any schedules at this point.
In order for 12th grade students to be considered for Senior Option for 2nd semester, students will need to fill in the Google Form, as well as, print a page to be signed by a parent. The signed form needs to be turned in to the Senior Office (261) by Monday, December 9th at 4:00pm.
Rockwood’s Early College Partnership:
Applications for the 2020-2021 Rockwood Early College Partnership (ECP) are now available. For more information and to access the application, visit the ECP website. Applications are due on Monday, February 3, 2020. Those interested in learning more about the program should plan to attend one of the following Informational Sessions:
- Thursday, December 5th, 6:30-7:30pm, St. Louis Community College-Wildwood, Multipurpose Room
- Wednesday, December 11th, 6:30-7:30pm, Rockwood Summit High School, Flex Room
Finals Week Schedule:
- Monday, December 16th: Regular full-day schedule
- Tuesday, December 17th: 5th hour Final (8:28-10:28); Altered full-day schedule
- Wednesday, December 18th: 1st hour Final (8:28-10:28) & 2nd hour Final (10:28-12:38); Dismissal at 12:38
- Thursday, December 19th: 3rd hour Final (8:28-10:28) & 4th hour Final (10:38-12:38); Dismissal at 12:38
- Friday, December 20th: 6th hour Final (8:28-10:28) & 7th hour Final (10:38-12:38); Dismissal at 12:38
Note for A+ Program Students:
If your student is in the A+ Program, remember that they must have 95% attendance to remain eligible. If your student exempts a final exam and does not come to school, it will count against their attendance. Please be aware of this.
ACT Prep Class:
LHS will offer two more ACT Prep classes this school year. One will be for the April 8th test, and it will meet Tuesday evenings, as well as, Wednesdays and Thursdays either before or after school. The other Prep Class will be for the June 13th test and will meet May 26-29 from 8:00am-12:00pm. For more information, be sure to visit the LHS Test Prep website or contact Cheryl Hermach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any Sophomore or Junior interested in attending South Tech next year should submit their application materials as soon as possible. Program spots fill up quickly! For more information about the programs offered and to submit an application online, visit southtechnical.org. See your counselor for more information.
Mid-Year Reports to Colleges:
Seniors applying to Common Application schools will have a mid-year (7th semester) transcript and report automatically sent from LHS in January to those colleges that require one. If a non-Common Application school is requesting a mid-year transcript, please complete another application data sheet (yellow form) indicating the schools. We don’t automatically know to do this. Contact Ms. Wengler (A-K) or Mrs. Dusenberry (L-Z) if you have questions or stop by the College & Career Office (Room 121).
WorkKeys Assessment: January 22 & 24
Is your senior student planning on entering the workforce immediately after high school? We are offering our senior students the opportunity to take the WorkKeys assessment. Please visit the LHS testing website for more information.
College Representative Visits:
College Representatives from many different colleges and universities visit LHS throughout the year. To see when college visits are taking place, please click on this link. Any student wishing to meet with a College Representative to learn more about their school, must sign up in the College & Career Office (Room 121) no later than 8:15am the day of the scheduled visit.
IEP and 504 accommodations do not cover accommodations for College Board exams (PSAT, SAT, AP) or the ACT. If you have questions about accommodations for these exams please contact the LHS Test Coordinator, Jessica Brawner, at email@example.com
Guidance & Counseling Department
College & Career Counselors:
A+/Testing Coordinator: Jessica Brawner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Prep Coordinator: Cheryl Hermach - email@example.com
Social Worker: Cindy Laudel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram: lhs_counselors and lhscollege
Twitter: @LHSCounselors5 and @LHSCollege