Lafayette High School implemented a visitor management system. This new security system offers a fast, simple way to electronically register and review individuals who visit our school. It will streamline our check-in process.
Providing a safe, secure school is always a priority for our school. We will continue to use the following safety practices:
- Door-access technology requires visitors to buzz-in to the school office before entering the school.
- Visitor check-in centers are located at the entrance of our school.
- Security cameras monitor the building and parking lots.
- School resource officers patrol our buildings.
- All exterior doors are locked.
- All visitors wear Identification badges.
What happens when visitors arrive at our school?
- Visitors will be asked to provide a driver's license when they arrive at the school check-in center.
- Our school attendant will verify the license and check the visitor into the school.
- When the visitor has been verified, the system will create a customized badge that includes the name, date, time and destination in the building.
- Then, the visitor will wear this badge while in the building, allowing for easy identification of all guests.
What are the student procedures for late arrivals, dismissals and classrooms?
- Students who arrive to school late will check-in on the visitor system.
- Teachers will receive an email notification as students move throughout the school - such as going to the library.
- Students may use their Student ID card to scan in and verify their attendance. If they do not have their card, they can manually input their ID number.
Contact Principal Dr. Karen Calcaterra at (636) 733-4113 for information and input. Learn more about crisis planning and communication in Rockwood.