The A+ Scholarship Program is offered by the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development and provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. All four Rockwood high schools are A+ designated high schools.
Students interested in submitting an application for the A+ scholarship, should keep in mind all of the eligibility criteria:
- Have a completed A+ Enrollment form on file (see your school's A+ coordinator)
- Students must enroll in the A+ program no later than January 31st of their senior year
- Graduate from an A+ designated high school and attend an A+ designated high school for two years prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an unweighted, un-rounded GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain at least a 95% cumulative attendance record in grades 9 - 12.
- Achieve the math proficiency requirement with a score of advanced or proficient on the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam or qualifying ACT score with sliding GPA combination.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid and pre-approved tutoring and/or mentoring with Rockwood students under Rockwood staff supervision.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs
- Have less than 6 days of school suspension.
- Make a good faith effort to apply for non-payback financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Students who are interested in the A+ Program should speak with the A+ Coordinator from their high school.