Welcome to Marquette's Guidance and Counseling Website!
<----- Links on to left of the page will connect you to commonly requested information.
Contact your Guidance Counselor at (636) 891-6025.
If there is ever an emergency or you fear for someone’s safety, please contact 911 and/or your local hospital.
A - C
Ms. Layla Torgoley (636) 891-6025
D - Ho
Mr. Jeff Marx (636) 891-6025
Hu - Mc
Mrs. Meredith Filer (636) 891-6025
Me - Sa
Mrs. Fran Kremer (636) 891-6025
Sc - Z
Mrs. Suzy Jaworoski (636) 891-6025
- The Guidance Office staff will be available during conferences on Nov. 18 from 3:30 - 7:00 pm. Parents may prearrange Zoom meetings or can reach the staff by phone that evening at 636-891-6025.
- Students interested in learning more about Rockwood's Early College Partnership (ECP) for their Junior & Senior Years can access information by clicking on the Link to the left side of the page. Additionally, click <PDF<HERE>> for even more details about the dates for this year's Virtual Information Sessions in November/December and the dates to submit an application.
2020-2021 Course Guide
The '20-'21 Course Catalog is online. Please visitRockwood's Curriculum website.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18th - Parent Teacher Conferences for Quarter 2 Classes. Please contact your students teachers to arrange a time for Zoom Video Conference.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25th - Friday, Nov. 27th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, Dec. 23rd - Friday, Jan. 1st - No School for Winter Break
- Thursday, Jan 14th -- End of 1st Semester -- End of Q2.
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
The Marquette Guidance Program is a comprehensive model which incorporates four programmatic components.
Curriculum: consists of activities of structured developmental experiences presented systematically through classroom and/or group activities for grades nine through twelve. The curriculum is organized around three major areas:
Knowledge of Self and Others
Educational and Vocational Planning
Career Planning and Exploration
Individual Planning: consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development. Individual planning is implemented through such strategies as advisement, appraisal (analysis of student ability and achievement), and team meetings.
Responsive Services: consists of activities to meet immediate needs and concerns of students whether these needs or concerns require information, consultation, counseling, or referral.
System Support: consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the comprehensive guidance program. This component is implemented and carried out through activities in the following areas:
Staff and Community Relations
Consultations with Teachers