Rockwood administrators and activities directors are working to allow students and staff to return to activities/athletics in a safe environment during the first half of July.
In doing so, they are following the guidelines established by sports medicine and pediatric infectious disease professionals in the St. Louis area.
SSM Health, BJC HealthCare and Mercy have collaborated to provide recommendations related to the resocialization of both youth and high school sports in the St. Louis region during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The guidelines are as follows:
· students complete COVID symptom screener each day before arriving on campus.
· the number of students will be limited per venue (location) on campus.
· participants will arrive dressed for their activity and bring their own water. Locker room facilities will not be available.
· parent drop-off/pick-up only; no spectators.
· regular hand sanitizing; frequent wiping of equipment during and after use.
· focus will be on individual skill drills/conditioning work; no "contact" during this phase.