Educational materials and data derived from the Missouri State Board of Education's collaboration with the Missouri Department of Economic Development shall be distributed by the board to each high school in the state to emphasize areas of critical workforce needs and shortages. Each high school shall provide its students with the information provided to the school by the state board of education before November first of every school year.
- Information on how to obtain industry-recognized certificates and credentials Career centers across the state provide training on a variety of occupations, including those occupations in which a critical need or shortage of trained personnel exists in the labor market of Missouri. Training in most of these occupations results in industry-recognized credentials and certificates that are valued by employers. The map found at this link has connections to each career center. Individuals and schools are encouraged to contact their local career center to determine what occupational training is available and to get information on licensing requirements.
Missouri Public School Career Centers Map
- Information on how to obtain a license and the requirements for a license when licensure is required for an occupation
Information on how to obtain industry-recognized certificates and credentials
Information on how to obtain a license and the requirements for a license when licensure is required for an occupation
- Access to assessments and interest inventories that provide insight into the types of careers that would be suitable for students
- Resources that describe the types of skills and occupations most in demand in the current job market and those skills and occupations likely to be in high demand in future years
- Resources that describe the typical salaries for occupations and salary trends
- Information on how to obtain financial assistance for postsecondary education
- Information on how to choose a college, school, or apprenticeship that aligns with the student's career goals and values
- Information on self-employment
- Resources related to creating a resume, interviewing, networking, and finding job opportunities
- Information on the skills and traits necessary to succeed in various career
Information on the above (3-10) can be found at Missouri Connections