- It is the policy of the District to maintain an environment that is free from harassment, including sexual harassment, because of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, or gender identity. The District prohibits any and all forms of unlawful harassment and discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Disability Services Notice
- Rockwood School District, in partnership with the Special School District (SSD) of St. Louis County, will provide a free, appropriate public education to all eligible children with disabilities between the ages of 3 and 21 under its jurisdiction.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Public Notice
- The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students 18 years of age or over certain rights with respect to the student's education records.
Free and Reduced Meal Notice
- Rockwood participates in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. This allows families the opportunity to apply for Free and Reduced Price Meal Benefits.
Immunization Requirement Notice
- All students must present documentation of up-to-date immunization status, including month, day, and year of each immunization before attending school.
Missouri Safe Schools Act
The Missouri Safe Schools Act requires that all school districts create a policy on student discipline that should be distributed to students every year. Rockwood has a Student Discipline and Consequences Handbook (https://www.rsdmo.org/studenthandbook) that is updated and distributed annually. It is a special publication of the specific policies regarding student discipline, as enacted by the Rockwood School District Board of Education. This information provides a basis of understanding between the home, school and community.
- It is the right of every student to receive equal opportunities in all educational programs and activities conducted by the district. The Board also believes in the right of every qualified individual to expect fair and equal treatment both as an applicant for employment and as an employee.
Notification of Rights under the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment
- The Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment, or PPRA, is a federal law that provides certain rights for parents of students regarding, among other things, student participation in surveys; the inspection of instructional material; certain physical exams; and the collection, disclosure, and use of personal information for marketing purposes.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- A student with a disability has the right to take part in, and receive benefits from, public education programs without discrimination because of his/her disability.
Sexual Harassment Policy and Complaint Forms
- Sexual harassment constitutes unlawful sex discrimination. It is the policy of the Board of Education to maintain a working environment that is free from sexual harassment. Sex-based harassment includes that which is based on gender, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- The purpose of the attendance policy of the district is to encourage regular school attendance. The Board believes that regular and punctual attendance is an important factor in a student's success in school.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Discrimination against a qualified person, solely on the basis of disability, is unfair. Furthermore, the Board believes that qualified persons with disabilities should be in the mainstream of life in the school community to the extent that is reasonably permissible and/or possible.
Title Programs for Non-Public Partners
- Rockwood partners with area nonpublic schools to provide services through federally funded programs.
- At the Rockwood School District, we seek to understand and respect the unique needs of our community. We are committed to ensuring the accessibility of our web content to people with disabilities.
- All information provided on this website is for non-commercial, educational purposes. Reference to commercial products or trade names does not represent an endorsement of these products or companies by the Rockwood School District.
Last Modified on August 2, 2022