Dear Falcon Families,
I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Last week, we concluded the 2019-2020 school year by honoring our 8th-grade students with our "Last Drive Parade". Thank you to the many families and staff who participated in this celebration. It was great to see everyone!
As we begin our week and close-out our school year, I would like to provide you with the following reminders about our locker clean-out schedule. Students have an opportunity to obtain their belongings from school and to return any textbooks or library books to the school during this time. The schedule for entering the school will be as follows:
- Tuesday, May 26: Students with last names starting with A-D from 9:00-11:30 a.m.; last names starting with E-H from 12:00-2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 27: Students with last names starting with I-M from 9:00-11:30 a.m.; last names starting with N-Q from 12:00-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 28: Students with last names starting with R-U from 9:00-11:30 a.m.; last names starting with V-Z from 12:00-2:30 p.m.
If you are unable to come to school at your scheduled time, please contact Kathy Clote
for an appointment during the week of June 1st.
While at school, students will return all textbooks/library books, and our 8th-grade students will return their Chrome Books and chargers at this time and will receive their new Chrome Books and chargers. Students will place all textbooks outside of the appropriate teachers' classrooms. We will have a box outside of the library for you to return all library books. Some teachers have work to return to students; this can be found outside of the classrooms. All art projects can be found in the cafeteria. For 8th-grade students, we will have a table set up in our cafeteria for the return of Chrome Books.
We will permit one parent to enter the school with their student(s). As Dr. Miles shared in his email to the RSD Community, please follow the below safety guidelines:
- You should not enter the building if within the past 14 days you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 including a fever (100.4 degrees or higher), a sense of having a fever, a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or new muscle aches.
- You should not enter the building, if within the past 14 days you have had close contact with an individual that has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, or demonstrated any of the symptoms listed above.
- Students and parents are not required to come to their schools to obtain personal belongings.
- If students and parents choose not to enter school buildings to obtain personal belongings, you should contact administrators at your school to organize a time for later pick-up.
- We recommend wearing face coverings.
- Maintain at least six (6) feet between you and others.
- Wash your hands often and disinfect frequently touched items.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
In addition to these safety guidelines, please remember the following when coming to RSMS for your locker clean-out:
- Only two custodians will be available during the locker clean out days, so please remember to bring your locker combination with you.
- Please wipe your returned textbooks with a disinfectant wipe.
- Please return and stack your textbook next to your teachers’ classroom door.
- Extra trash cans will be available in the hallways.
- Bathrooms will be locked.
Please note that students will receive their yearbooks at registration for the 20-21 school year. We are hoping to provide 8th-grade students with their yearbooks this summer at an appreciation event, depending on safety guidelines.
Thank you, again, for the flexibility and grace that you have extended to us during this time of uncertainty. We are immensely grateful for your partnership and support. I have enjoyed learning with you and serving our community. I look forward to an even better 2020-2021 school year!