We certainly had a beautiful weekend as we prepare to close out the month of September. Before looking ahead, I would like to share with you some amazing news from last week. Our very own, Assistant Principal Cassandra Suggs, received the prestigious Jewel Award from STL TV for her TV series, Educating Through a Pandemic!
We are so proud, Cassandra. I greatly appreciated getting to participate in this series when Cassandra interviewed me last Spring. You are welcome to watch the recorded interview by clicking here.
With October right around the corner, it's already time for our Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences! We will hold our conferences on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, October 8 from 8:15-8:50 a.m.
- Thursday, October 8 from 3:30-7:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 12th from 7:30-8:45 a.m.
This information will support you in preparing for the format and structure of our conferences:
- We will use a virtual format for conferences (Zoom).
- Parents will have an opportunity to sign up for 7-minute sessions to speak with each of their child's teachers. We will share this link with you on Thursday of this week.
- Due to our quarter schedule for classes, we will hold a second set of conferences on Thursday, November 19 from 3:30-7:00 p.m to allow parents to have the opportunity to talk with their child's second-quarter teachers.
- Please note that since Language Arts is a year-long course, you will only sign up for one conference slot on either the October or the November dates.
As we continue to progress through online learning, the RSD Technology Department recently notified us of an issue that is currently impacting our parents' ability to see the accurate grades for their student(s) in Infinite Campus. Due to an issue with the synchronization between Canvas and Infinite Campus, grades entered by teachers in Canvas are not being pushed into the Infinite Campus Gradebook via the automated process. The RSD Technology Department is working with both vendors to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Currently, you may check your student's grades through your Canvas Parent Observer account.
If you do not have a Canvas Parent Observer account, you may create one by following these steps:
Remember to encourage your students to view our Talon Talk announcements
for this week and our Mindful Monday video from our School Counselors. You will find our Mindful Monday video on our counselors' grade-level Canvas pages.
Remember, you can choose to have your child access this information over the weekend or during our scheduled Student Advisory Block from 8:00-8:45 a.m. on Monday mornings. In addition, you can now find our www.FalconProud.com
website on our counselors' grade-level Canvas pages! This site contains our Talon Talk announcements, after school activities sign-up access, and more.
Last but not least, we invite our students to participate in the Falcon Family Virtual Homecoming Spirit Week. The details for attire are pictured below this newsletter. Let's show our Falcon Pride!
If there is anything we can do at this time to assist you or your child, please let us know.
We greatly appreciate your partnership and support! Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions at 636-891-6850.
With Falcon Pride,