A+ Enrollment Packet.pdf
The A+ Schools Program was established as part of the Missouri Outstanding Schools Act of 1993 in order to provide incentives for local high schools to raise academic expectations, reduce their drop out rate, establish relationships with the business community, and provide better career pathways to students. Administration of the scholarships of the A+ Program is coordinated through the Missouri Department of Higher Education. Additional details can be found by visiting the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
Students who graduate from an A+ designated high school may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive to attend a public community college or public career or technical school in Missouri. Some private career & technical schools are also A+ eligible. A rising number of four year colleges are also offering institutionally funded incentives for students who meet A+ criteria.
Quick overview of the steps to becoming A+ eligible:
- Obtain, complete and turn in an A+ enrollment packet
- Students can pick up a hardcopy in the A+ office, room 220A or in the Counseling Office.
- Applications can be also be downloaded
- Review the A+ handbook
- Return completed application to the A+ office, room 220A or to the Counseling Office.
- Seniors MUST be enrolled in the program no later than the last Wednesday in September of their Senior year
- Once we have processed your paperwork we will mail a letter home informing you of your acceptance to the A+ program.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors -
- Make sure you are on track to complete the A+ requirements, listed in the A+ handbook & below, by graduation.
- A+ progress can be tracked in Infinite Campus.
- If you need approval or assistance with arranging a tutoring opportunity, make an appointment with the A+ Coordinator in the Counseling Office. Priority goes to our A+ senior students.
- Seniors –
- Make sure you are on track to complete the A+ requirements, listed in the A+ handbook & below, by graduation. Check Infinite Campus regularly.
- Finalize tutoring arrangements by October 15 to give yourself plenty of time to complete hours
*A+ Eligibility Criteria includes:
- Have a signed A+ participant agreement on file in the A+ office.
- Graduate from an A+ designated high school and attend an A+ high school for two years prior to graduation. *Beginning with class of 2020
- Graduate with an unweighted, unrounded GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain at least a 95% cumulative attendance record in grades 9 - 12.
- Achieve the math proficiency requirement with a score of advanced or proficient on the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam or qualifying ACT score with sliding GPA combination.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring and/or mentoring with Rockwood students under Rockwood staff supervision.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs
- Have five or less days of school suspension.
- Make a good faith effort to apply for non-payback financial aid by completing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Register for Selective Service if applicable.
*Please refer to the RSD A+ Handbook for a complete overview of the program requirements
*This is a student driven program
A+ Attendance Information:
Some absences may be eligible for review. Please review the chart below for a list of absences eligible for review and supply the A+ office with the required documentation to be considered. Attendance reviews will not be granted for the following; truancy, suspension, vacation, transportation, absences due to final exam exemptions.
|CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEM||PHYSICIAN'S LETTER|
|COURT APPEARANCE||COURT LETTER|
|PARENT LETTER AND COPY OF DEATH CERTIFICATE, OBITUARY, OR MEMORIAL PAMPHLET|
|RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY||LETTER FROM CLERGY|
|PERSONAL/ FAMILY CALAMITY||PARENT AND SCHOOL COUNSELOR LETTER|
|CATASTROPHIC ILLNESS/ INJURY||PHYSICIAN'S LETTER|
|COLLEGE VISIT||LETTER FROM COLLEGE ADMISSIONS OFFICE|