Rockwood At Home students and families can expect their experience to be defined by the following features:
Second Quarter: How to Make an Informed Decision With Your High School Student
Find out more information
- All courses will follow the same scope and sequence in the Rockwood curriculum and be taught by Rockwood teachers.
- Students will continue to learn the Rockwood curriculum online communicated through the Canvas Learning Management System.
- In order to best meet the needs of our Rockwood At Home students, your child’s teacher will develop a schedule for virtual learning that includes
synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities.
- Most students will experience an increase in asynchronous learning time that incorporates content developed and taught by Rockwood teachers.
- At Home schedules will be adjusted to match the schedules of At School learners in each school building.
- Grading practices and academic timelines for quarter start and end dates will be consistent with those of the seated classroom.
- While both At Home and At School students will experience changes to how they are learning, Rockwood’s virtual learning environment will continue to include these best practices in quality online teaching:
- Content-specific technology tools
- Learner-centered instructional strategies
- Maintaining classroom community and relationships
- Collaboration between students to promote higher-order thinking skills
- Meeting the needs of all unique learners and providing additional support as needed
- Assessing student progress
- Frequent communication with parents regarding student progress and supporting student engagement