1st Semester Instruction
For the remainder of first semester (through Thursday, Jan. 14), students will remain in their regularly scheduled second quarter classes. Teachers will serve both At Home and At School students within the same class; therefore, instruction will look different than it did first quarter for both At Home and At School students as teachers work to meet the needs of both groups.
- Both At Home and At School students will work on the same content; however, delivery may vary based on curricular needs.
- At Home students will work on the same lesson as At School students each day.
- At Home students will receive instruction from their classroom teacher during their scheduled class block. Students should plan to log into Zoom at the start of each class unless directed otherwise by their teacher.
- In some curricular areas, students may experience live Zoom sessions into the classroom as their primary mode of instruction. In other curricular areas, students may experience a combination of live Zoom lessons and asynchronous instruction. Teachers will publish a scheduled time for students to Zoom into their class during the regularly scheduled class period.
- Teachers will continue to use Canvas as a communication hub for both At Home and At School students.
- At Home students will have opportunities to collaborate with their peers.
- At Home students are expected to communicate their absence from live Zoom sessions with teachers in advance.
- First semester was organized into a quarter system. Students completed four of their first semester courses first quarter. They will complete their remaining four first semester courses during second quarter. First quarter ends Friday, Oct. 23. Second quarter begins Monday, Oct. 26.
Expectations for At Home Students
- At Home schedule will be the same as the At School schedule. Students should plan to work on course content during the scheduled time for each course in addition to assigned independent work outside of the school day.
- Students should plan to be present in every class as attendance will be taken for both At Home and At School students in every class.
- Students should continue to use Canvas to navigate communication and due dates.
- Students should check Canvas inbox or Gmail daily for teacher communication.
- Students should plan to log into class Zoom meetings on time.
- Students should use Canvas Inbox or Rockwood email to seek assistance from teachers as needed.