Rockwood At Home students and families can expect their experience to be defined by the following features:
Classes will be approximately 90 minutes long. At Home and At School students will follow the same bell schedule. Building principals will share their school’s exact schedule with parents. Middle school classes will begin at 7:47 a.m. and end at 2:39 p.m.
Students will continue to receive instruction from their Rockwood teachers.
All courses will follow the same scope and sequence in the Rockwood curriculum and be taught by Rockwood teachers.
- In order to best meet the needs of our Rockwood At Home students, your child’s teacher will develop a schedule for virtual learning that includes
synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities.
- Most students will experience an increase in asynchronous learning time that incorporates content developed and taught by Rockwood teachers.
- At Home schedules will be adjusted to match the schedules of At School learners in each school building.
At Home students will continue to receive special education, ESOL and gifted services.
Grading practices and academic timelines for quarter start and end dates will be consistent with those of the seated classroom.
- While both At Home and At School students will experience changes to how they are learning, Rockwood’s virtual learning environment will continue to include these best practices in quality online teaching:
- Content-specific technology tools
- Learner-centered instructional strategies
- Maintaining classroom community and relationships
- Collaboration between students to promote higher-order thinking skills
- Meeting the needs of all unique learners and providing additional support as needed
- Assessing student progress
- Frequent communication with parents regarding student progress and supporting student engagement
- Rockwood parents who need hotspots for their children can request them from the school district.
Fill out the hotspot request form.