Rockwood will align guidelines for afterschool activities and athletics in cooperation with the St. Louis County Department of Public Health, the Missouri State High School Activities Association and the St. Louis Sports Medicine COVID Task Force. During these activities, social distancing, masks and hand hygiene protocols will be followed, as noted on our Rockwood Safe Together: Health and Wellness website.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, social distancing and mask requirements apply at all times while present within the locker room. Cleaning is required, and equipment must be stored in a designated area.
- When possible, students should arrive at school ready for practice or competition. If not possible, locker rooms will be monitored to prevent crowding and allow for social distancing.
- Lockers will not be used to store equipment or clothing. Students will need to bring items needed to practice/compete and take them home daily.
- Teams may be assigned designated locker rooms (changing areas) or staggered times to reduce numbers and promote social distancing.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the locker room.
- The district will continue to follow stringent disinfecting and cleaning of the locker rooms and equipment for the health and safety of all participants.
- Bus capacity is reduced to 36 individuals on a standard bus and 44 individuals on a larger bus. One participant is allowed per seat.
- All riders must wear a mask while on the bus.
- Parents will have the option to sign the private transportation form, which will allow parents to drive their students to events or the students to drive themselves to events.
Before an Event or Practice
- Before a Rockwood student enters the event or practice, they must complete the Rockwood COVID-19 Symptom Self-Report Form, listed below by high school. Students are encouraged to read carefully before submitting to make sure they are answering correctly. The daily self-report form is also a requirement for all staff entering a Rockwood campus.
- When the school day ends, the expectation is for students to immediately go to their designated area for their activity and not gather in large groups.
- When possible, students will not remain at school before athletic/activity events. If not possible, students will not congregate in large groups, and they will report to a designated area where they can socially distance.
- Student expectations for afterschool activities/athletics will be communicated to parents and students via established processes outlined by the high school, teachers and coaches.
- Guidelines related to spectators may change throughout the school year, depending on the recommendation from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. Rockwood will keep our families informed of the latest information as we move forward in the school year.