For the second semester, high schools have scheduled four lunch shifts to allow for more space for students to eat their meals. Students will be able to choose their seats; however, they will be asked to sit in the same seat each day to provide consistency for contact tracing purposes. Seats will be checked by administrators to ensure students are sitting in the correct seat throughout lunchtime.
Staff Check-In and Screening
Child Nutrition Services staff must complete the COVID-19 Self Report Form before performing duties each day. Consistent with the St. Louis County Department of Public Health guidance, staff who have COVID-19 symptoms will notify their supervisor and stay home.
Daily Disinfection and Sanitizing
The following practices will be followed to help minimize COVID-19 exposure risk during food preparation. These practices are consistent with the St. Louis County Department of Public Health guidance:
- Hands should be washed for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Disposable gloves will be worn when preparing and handling food. Surfaces will be cleaned with soap and water before disinfection.
- An EPA-approved, pH-neutral germicidal detergent will be used for cleaning contact surfaces, including cafeteria tables.
- Frequently touched surfaces, such as countertops and tray slides, will be cleaned more frequently.
To limit possible exposure to COVID-19, Child Nutrition Services staff members will take the following actions:
- Limit contact points by offering proportioned condiments.
- Prevent students from self-serving food items.
- Require students to wash hands and apply hand sanitizer before entering the serving line area.
- Provide prewrapped utensils and napkins directly by staff, not for individuals to select.
- Biometrics scanner and keypads will be cleaned routinely.
- Encourage online payments and checks for deposits into meal accounts.
- Implement a “no cash back” procedure for cash. Any change due back to the student/staff member would be deposited into their meal account.
- Signage should be placed to promote distancing, handwashing and the wearing of a mask when not eating or drinking.
- Marks will be placed on the floor in the cafeteria line to promote distancing for students who are purchasing lunch.