Social-Emotional Behavior Specialists (SEBs) in Rockwood School District help facilitate the process through which children acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. Social-emotional learning is essential to the school and life success of all children. Learning is an intrinsically social and interactive process that takes place in collaboration with one's teachers, in the company of one's peers and with the support of one's family.
For the 2020-2021 school year, here are some way Rockwood’s SEBs plan to help:
- Support services for students or staff who experience loss.
- Mobilize the crisis recovery team to provide emotional and psychological support for students and staff.
- Provide therapeutic interventions for students.
- Deliver resources – with safety measures in place – as needed to families who are homebound, in coordination with the social workers.
- Make calls and/or home visits to families in need of services due to COVID-19 in relation to depression, anxiety, fear and loss.