The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) is a standardized test designed to measure learned reasoning and problem-solving skills in three different areas: Verbal, Quantitative, and Nonverbal reasoning. It is important to note that the CogAT is neither an intelligence test nor an achievement test.
SAMPLE TASKS INCLUDE:
- COMPREHENDING PROBLEM SITUATIONS
- DETECTING SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES
- MAKING INFERENCES
- MAKE DEDUCTIONS
- CLASSIFYING AND CATEGORIZING OBJECTS, EVENTS, AND OTHER STIMULI
- CREATING AND ADAPT PROBLEM-SOLVING STRATEGIES
- USING FAMILIAR CONCEPTS AND SKILLS IN NEW CONTEXTS
WHO TAKES CogAT IN ROCKWOOD?
2nd and 4th Graders take the COGAT
September 20th - October 1, 2021
CogAT scores provide classroom teachers with information about student skills and readiness and are being used in the gifted education identification process.
IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON YOUR CHILD’S ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL.
RSD Large Scale Assessment Calendar