Return to Headlines

End-of-the-Year Procedures for Meal Accounts

May 11, 2023

 Two Rockwood students and three staff members smile in a school cafeteria.As the end of the school year approaches, Rockwood Child Nutrition Services encourages families to provide adequate funds in their student’s meal account. Negative meal account balances need to be paid in full by the end of the school year. Funds can be deposited any time by sending cash or check to school with your child or by making a deposit online at

All balances left in meal accounts at the end of the school year will automatically be carried forward for students continuing in any Rockwood school. If a student graduates or moves out of the school district, a refund can be requested. The parent/guardian may request a refund by phone call or written note to the cafeteria manager. If the parent/guardian chooses to have a student pick up a cash refund for an amount less than $10, a signed note must be sent to the cafeteria manager giving the student permission to receive the refund. Refunds over $10 will be issued by check from the Rockwood School District.

Refunds must be requested within one school year. Unclaimed funds will then become the property of Rockwood Child Nutrition Services and applied to negative student meal accounts throughout the district.

Families may also choose to donate the remaining meal account balance to a student in need within our district by contacting the Child Nutrition Services office at 636-733-3256.