Hours of Operation
After-school hours TBD
The library may be closed at times due to special events. Please check the calendar located outside the library.
Library Media Center Expectations
- Use a quiet voice at all times
- Show respect for yourself and others
- Be responsible - Help keep the room and material neat and clean
- Return materials to their proper place
- Remember to check out materials before removing them from the LMC
Library Services Offered to Teachers & Students
- Planning with teachers for collaborative lesson
- Book and/or reading recommendations
- Locating and pulling materials for classroom use
- Compilation of topic specific bibliographies
- Instruction in the use of the on-line catalog
- Instruction in the use of the Internet
- AV equipment trouble-shooting and repair
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER – Information from the Student Handbook
Miss Brown is our library media specialist. If you have questions or need assistance or additional information, please see Miss Brown. She is here to help students. WMS also has a library media assistant here to help students. Her name is Mrs. Hummel.
Since the library media center (LMC) is primarily a place of reading and reference work, it is expected that students will conduct themselves in a proper manner. Students should maintain quiet voices so other patrons may work without being disturbed. Students should also help keep the LMC room and materials neat and clean by returning materials to their proper places. No food or beverages will be allowed in the LMC.
During a regular class period, reading or research may be done in the LMC with a pass from a teacher. Students are also welcome to use the LMC during lunch period or before and after school. The LMC is usually available from 7:25 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. most school days.
The following are expectations for checking out materials from the LMC:
- Students MUST sign in using the Guardian sign in computer when coming to the LMC with a pass (without a classroom teacher) and sign out when leaving.
- A limit of two books per student may be checked out.
- Fiction and nonfiction books may be checked out for a two-week period.
- A student may renew a book online in Destiny for an additional two weeks if he/she has not completed reading or research.
- Books are expected to be returned or renewed on time. If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, students must pay the replacement cost of the book. Information regarding the cost of the book can be obtained from Miss Brown or can be found on your overdue notice.
- Overdue notices will be sent out approximately once every two weeks. If you have an overdue book(s), you may not check out additional materials until all overdue items are returned. Miss Brown may conference with students with overdue books during lunch at times throughout the school year.
- When checking out a book, take it to the circulation desk.
- Never checkout materials for someone else.
- Always return your books to the LMC book return cart or use the book return slot in the hallway if you are not coming into the LMC. Never put the book back on the shelf.
- Wildwood's LMC has an extensive reference collection available for research in the LMC. Students may not checkout reference materials. A copier is available if you need to photocopy.
- The LMC has magazines to use while in the library. They are not available for checkout by students. Again, a copier is available if you need to photocopy an article.